______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Great Way To Raise A Child


by Arthelo Palma

Great Way To Raise A Child
It takes extreme discipleship to train up and discipline a child to lead him to the path you want him to take. 
At start, I find it challenging to become a father. As one, I need to be stable in all of life’s different areas (social, emotional, physical, intellectual, financial and spiritual). I need to learn more of everything, as I am no longer carrying my own life but including my wife and our children. It is not easy to bear the responsibility of a father and a husband both at the same time. I am no longer living for myself, so I need higher point of flexibility in all situations.

As a father, one of the essential inputs that I would like to share with you is on how I come to discipline my children, as I continue to rely on God’s Word and the basic principles I learned in the field of psychology. 

Children could give us endless and genuine joy, but sometimes, if not most of the time, training them gives us sizeable degree of parental pressure. Our patience, temper and love for them are always tested, as we grapple with different challenges in guiding them.     

It makes me feel sorry most of the time when I see a family raising children in the wrong way. As a basic unit of the society, family always reflects how parents train and discipline their children, which will substantially affect the kind of country we will have in the future. I am so sure we do not want to end up as a nation having troubles with drug addictions, crimes and all sorts of other problematic circumstances and social problems. So at this moment, for as long as we still have control, parents should learn to play their elemental roles in preparing a strong foundation for the balanced and excellent development of their children.

Questions such as, “Is it really possible to discipline a child without shouting and spanking?” is one vital idea associated with parenting that parents should know, learn and apply at the right way and time.

Discipline should start at home. Most parents would claim they have made effort in disciplining their children, but it is also important for them to evaluate on their part if they are emancipating it the right way.

On this blog, by integrating the basic principles of God’s word with confirmation from psychological concepts and my own experience, I would be sharing practical advice for successful parenting.

On my next article, I would be discussing the basic about training a child by explaining the difference between discipline and punishment.

On this matter, I look forward to be of great help to all parents out there who just like me are seeking to achieve excellent parental performance. 

As parents, we should train our children to become who they are we want them to be in the future.

“Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it” (Proverbs 22:6). 
_________________________________________________________________________________

R E L A T E D  A R T I C L E S  T O   R  E A D

Too Hot Tempered When You Discipline Your Child? Keep Reading>>

Moral Acts May Be Degrading: What Parents Can Do? Keep Reading>>

Post a Comment
Related Posts with Thumbnails
_________________________________________________________________________________
LIKE WHAT YOU READ? Subscribe To Email for the latest articles on this blog right to your Email.
___________________________________
Your Prayer Request HERE
___________________________________
(Disclaimer: As source of funding for the maintenance of this blog, donations are regarded with highest appreciation. Thank you!)
__________________________________________
  • Facebook

    Follow 'MY IDEAS FOR LIFE' on Facebook to join the list of followers

  • RSS Feeds

    RSS Feed

    Subscribe To RSS Feed

  • RSS E-Mail Delivery

    E-Mail Delivery

    Subscribe To Email for the latest articles on this blog right to your email

  • Follow   'MY IDEAS FOR LIFE' On Twitter

    Twitter

    Follow 'MY IDEAS FOR LIFE' on Twitter to join the list of followers